Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up and Grammy-love

Gah! 
How is this weekend over already??
Maybe it's cause I worked Friday, but sheesh...

I got up early Saturday after  sleeping napping
for 4 hours and met one of my girlfriends from 
highschool for lunch.
It was really good to catch up.
I'm notorious for sucking-at keeping in touch with people,
so even though I had to sacrifice sleep I'm  
glad I went ahead and met up with her.
___________________________________

After lunch, I headed over to Grammy's where we had
a  little birthday party for her.
She turned 88 on the 11th.
I seriously can't even believe it.
It's so hard and so surreal to see people you love
growing old.  
And such a harsh reminder that we are ALL aging,
time is passing,
and life is whizzing past us.
I've said this for as long as I can remember,
but Grammy is one of the most treasured people in my life.
Watching her age and witnessing her health
deteriorate has been really difficult.
 I'm just really glad that our family did something for her.


The birthday girl.
88 years young!


Kelly



Reading birthday cards.



Uncle Steve.


Mom did her hair and put on her lipstick.
Grammy was one who would NEVER be seen
without her hair fixed, lipstick on and eyelashes curled!
I could learn a few things from her!


My mom made this great poster board with all kinds 
of pictures of Grammy.
I already called dibs on scrapbooking them...
not that anyone else was trying to fight me on it.


Grammy's view from her bed. 
We put her new bird feeder right outside her window.




Wasn't she stunning?

After the party wrapped up, I headed home to get
ready for date night!!
We decided to have dinner at Houlihans and then 
we went to the late showing of Immortals.
My verdict on the movie is still our....
Amazing graphics all while being
extremely graphic...as innnnn
how do you feel about seeing a neck get slit in great detail??
 I can handle more blood and gore than most women,
but this was almost too bloody even for me.
Bottom line...it's no Gladiator...and it's 
definitely no LOTR.
(Thats Lord of The Rings for you cool-kids out there)

Here we are before heading out..



__________________________

So today, we (and by 'we' I mean Roy),
slept through our wake-up alarm for church.
Boo.
We suck.
Thats what happens when you go to the 10pm showing
of a movie.
Anyways....Roy decided to work, so I ran a couple errands 
and then headed to 'Mayberry' to spend the day with my parents.
We went to Fort Scott for lunch and then
my mom took me to this super-cute antique store where she had
seen the greatest piece of furniture for our kitchen...
Good lookin' out mom!!
It's a refurbished cabinet and I'm really hoping
that it looks as good as I think it will in our kitchen.
Roy (shockingly) gave me the go-ahead...
good thing, 
cause I bought it before I was able to talk to him...
he-he
I mean, he didn't answer the phone!
You know how I turn into frantic mess when I find something
I really want to buy!!

Here's a few pictures I snapped for Roy to see..




Please note...I DID NOT purchase
the 'Howdy Pardner' rug photographed above...
saved that gem for mom n dads house.


Such a fun store!
I love all the Christmas decorations


Downtown Ft. Scott.... cute-cute brick streets


Mom and Pops outside of The Iron Star

Now I'm home and looking forward to my 
amazing DVR line-up...
PanAm (one of my new favorites)
Sister Wives (I just can't stop myself..)
Desperate Housewives
and
Once Upon a Time (another new fav)

gotta love the Sunday nights!

G-Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment