Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bathroom almost wrapped up...and home appraisal

Sigh....
The appraisal is over.
Thank you, God.

I got off of work Monday morning and came home to do some
final tidying-up before the 10:00 appraisal.
Roy did a great job getting things cleaned up-but
the floors still needed to be swiffered so I 
spent an hour running around swiffering 
and lighting candles like a mad-woman.
Then the appraiser showed up at 9:40-20 minutes early!
WTH! I needed those 20 minutes!!
I threw my swiffer in a closet and tried to wipe the sweat
off my face before running to answer the door.

Here's my next question...
are all appraisers required to be ex-CIA operatives??
I mean, these people are always stone cold and emotionless.
Our guy was no different, completely impossible to read and
he only spoke about 10 words the entire time he was here.
I don't get it...I dont see why unfriendliness and 
lack of feedback is required to give a home appraisal.
Ugh.
But it's over now..and for that, I am happy.
Now I just sit and wait.

Unfortunately the new guest bath didn't get completely finished
before Monday, but all the tiling was done and I'm hoping
it won't count against us.
I feel like it's pretty obvious that we're going to finish it,
so hopefully it will add some value.
Here's how the bathroom was looking Monday morning..



We obviously still need to paint and
get the plumbing all trimmed out, but I think
it's turned out pretty nice...


1 comment: