So I'm constantly looking for a hobby.
I've yet to find one.
But I really WANT one!!
I've thought about sewing...
I've tried knitting, and I guess that was fun
until it got old...I mean, how many subsequent
scarves can you really be excited to knit?
Anyways...my mom loves thrift stores/flea markets/antiques.
She's always trying to find hidden treasures.
So last week we went to a flea market not far from
my house and I got really excited about it!
We can call this my,
'remember when you thought you wanted
to refinish furniture for a hobby' phase.
There was this great solid-wood dresser there for $40 that
I totally wanted to buy to that I could repaint/refinish it..
What potential!!
My dear husband however, is skeptical of my
undiscovered refinishing skills...so he gave
the dresser a big 'NO'....when will I learn to
stop asking and just start showing up with stuff??
Oh wait, thats what I did with my other purchases!!
So I found this great old 12-pane window.
I started thinking that it would look so cool in our house
either refinished or left looking shabby chic.
My mom mentioned putting pictures in the frames,
and that got me really excited (cause I LOVE pictures)
so I went ahead and bought it for $22!! Yay!
I haven't decided yet if I'm leaving it 'as-is' or if I'm going to refinish it.
I might leave the white side alone and refinish the brown-wood side.
I've been getting all kinds of ideas from etsy and the internet.
I'm excited!!
I also found this cool piece...and although
I wont be doing any work or refinishing with it,
I still think it's a really cool find.
I'm planning on returning this saturday to look for more windows!!



Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I go through phases with hobbies. I did home DIY projects with my hubby for years but when we started re-painting rooms that were already 'done' I decided to switch over to crafting. Now I'm getting really into sewing and quilting. I'm sticking to easy and simple patterns -- nothing too complicated or fussy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your window-photo project! :)
Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/