Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year...
I mean,
Family + great food = a perfect holiday in my book!!
I had to sleep-in because I worked Thanksgiving night, but
Roy woke me up at about 12:30 and helped me make the two
dishes I was responsible for taking to Thanksgiving;
Asparagus Casserolle and Pumpkin Crunch Cake--YUM!
We headed to Thanksgiving with my side of the family first,
My cousin Arlene always puts together such a great dinner.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from
 Thanksgiving with the Jacksons...
Cousin Barry & Larry, Uncle Jeff, Royster and Pops

The Thanksgiving table

Moi

Clay and Kelly


Arlene and Pops


And our annual family photo shoot in which
we always try to get our Christmas card shot...


this one's my fav...

After eating our first huge meal of the day we headed
to Roy's moms to stuff our faces yet again!!
One of Roy's brothers and his wife and kids were there.
Have I mentioned how crazy I am over his sweet nieces & nephews?

Just look at these two!!

So freakin' cute...

We couldn't stay too long because I had to leave
and get dressed for work...
but my takeaway points from Thanksgiving with Roy's
mom are these:
1) The woman has some serious skills in the kitchen and
2) Holidays are like a million times more fun w/ kids around

The last two days have been spent scurrying around finishing
up projects and trying to keep things clean despite
the work going on in our bathroom...
how does work being done in ONE tiny room
somehow lead to an entire house of filth!??
Our appraisal is in 1 day (EEEEKK!!)
so the pressure is on!!

I put up some Christmas decorations last night.


This was my first time decorating for the holidays since living here,
the first 2 years our house was too big of a mess
to even bother trying to decorate,
 but this year things are much more put-together and
we're having Christmas here!!
I was so excited about getting some decorations
that when I got off work Friday morning I joined all
the other crazies and headed out to find the deals!

sleep deprivation + mob mentality = 
serious overspending
eh...Oh well...
I got some great stuff that I hope I
can keep around for years to come.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was
a day to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment