Friday, September 9, 2011

Well, seeing as how it's been a whole MONTH since I went to Colorado,
I figure I ought to get my butt in gear and get the rest of the pictures posted!
Cause, you know, all my loyal followers are chomping at the bit to see them!
He.He...that was a little sarcasm for ya.
I have no followers.
It's cool though...I'm still puttin' it out there for the masses.
Hi Rachael :)

Day 2:
We took off from Hays by 7:00am. I of course had to get a coffee and some beef jerky before we got too far....ahhhh, coffee, twizzlers and jerky....travel necessities if you ask me.

We turned North at Empire City, Colorado and headed North on US 40. The drive was beautiful and at 10,000 feet elevation I was definitely starting to feel like I was on vacation!

 I love driving through Colorado...I mean, where else can you just be driving along and then you're like 'Oh, looky there! A huge waterfall!'. We had to stop several times to get out and snap some pictures.





We arrived in Steamboat around 3:30pm. Here was our view as we came off the mountain and started
entering the valley that is, Steamboat. I was definitely excited to finally be here!



Two weary travelers


We got checked into our condo without any problems. We were super-happy with our three bedroom condo.....minus the fact that I got shafted with the 'twinsy' room.
By twinsy room, I mean the dinky little room with two twin beds. 
Meant for small children.
I mean c'mon!! 
Doesn't a wedding ring count for anything in this family??
I realize that my husband wasn't actually here...but Kelly and Clay have barely been
dating 4 months! What kind of crap is that!!??
Is this a college dorm or a family vacation??
Ok...venting stops here..


family and dining room


kitchen


the twinsy room...gah....

We had little bit of time to kill, so we drove down through downtown Steamboat to check out the town. SO. CUTE. 
The mainstreet is lined with trees and cute boutiques, cafe's and restaurants.
The Yampa River runs alongside downtown and one of the main attractions
in steamboat is to 'float' down the Yampa. 
We knew we planned to do this so we stopped to check it out and watch some 'floaters' go by.



It was almost 6 at this point, so we headed back to the condo to meet up with the rest of the fam.
Our cousins Jane and Bill took over dinner duty for this night, so we had some amazing burritos with green chili sauce. Brilliant idea to whoever decided that we should all share dinner responsibilities! 
What a great way to save money and to bring everybody back together at the end of the day!
After dinner we threw on our swimsuits and hit-up the hot tub!
Perfect way to end a long day of traveling...

Alex, Jesse, Mom, Clay, Kelly and Uncle Jeff

Five more fun-filled days ahead in Steamboat!











No comments:

Post a Comment