Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Up to my elbows in mums....

So....
I'm officially filing gardening under the list of...
 'Things we're told as women we should be good at and enjoy-so that when we don't succeed we can feel like failures'

Lies I tell you...all lies

I have a black thumb.
Not literally. No gangrene here.
But figuratively. I kill every living plant I touch.
What's the deal??
My mom literally so much as glances at a plant and it thrives!
Not only am i not 'good' at it....
I don't enjoy it.
I mean, I love the way gardens and landscaping look when they're finished,
but I DO NOT enjoy the process.
Maybe thats just called laziness....hmmm.

Point in case.
You may remember my lovely flower basket I purchased just
over a month ago from the farmers market...
let me refresh your memory on how it looked the day I brought it home:
This was August 5th....

Here's my lovely flower basket today...September 14th:
What the heck?
Are you kidding me?
The sad thing is I actually really tried to keep this thing alive!

Here my my lettuce and herbs I tried to grow this summer:

Would anyone like some dill or oregano with their salad??


What is this??!!
I give up.
I'm waving my white flag.


So 2 weekends ago, I set off on a mission to buy some mums and
try to dress up the front of out house for fall.
Talk about miserable.
I was up to my eye balls in dirt, bushes, sweat and mosquitos.
I figured I ought to take some pictures while they're still
clinging to life!!


My victims


This is the face of a very unhappy person








Ta-Daaaa!!!!
Ready for fall!!
For now, I guess the work was worth it....
Eat your heart out Martha Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment