What's the hold up you ask?
Well you see, I'm having THE hardest time finding a color to paint our guest bathroom. It's the last room in the house left to paint, and go figure it's been the hardest to decide on.
This bathroom has a cooler/cleaner feel than the rest of our house, and I wanted it that way...but now that it's time to paint I'm finding myself turned off by all the icy cool blues and more modern grays that I thought I would like.
Everything either looks too gray, too 'baby boy' blue or too sea foam green....ACK! Help me!!
I've
It doesn't help that the lighting in this bathroom is a disaster. We've tried to solve this problem by buying a bazillion different light bulbs....which leads me to the question...Have you tried to buy lightbulbs recently?? What the crazy is going on with the light bulb industry? I felt like I needed some sort of degree in electricity to figure out what # of 'lumens' 'watts' or 'volts' I was needing....Do I need soft white? warm white? Natural light? Day light?
But no matter which ones we've bought the room either looks like someone peed yellow all over the walls or resembles the fluorescent glow of a jail cell....barf. I just want bright white light!! Not yellow! Not neon fluorescent! Geesh!...ok anyways, here a few pictures of the smurf-tastic walls that we're currently sporting...
A few of our paint samples....please note the lightbulb assortment
that is happening in the background.
The big guy on the far left would be great if we wanted to
take a trip back to the dingy 80's, while the little swirly guys
are great for pretending you're incarcerated...bah
Ick! What is happening here???
Sad day. These look even worse on camera
than they do in person, which is making me
even more disheartened...
Anybody got any great ideas? I still want to keep the cooler overall feel of the bathroom, but I'd like the paint color to lean a little more towards the traditional side of colors versus something uber modern.
I'm picturing this....
See?? Now how did they manage to make this bathroom look so cool and clean while still feeling traditional? And their blue walls don't look like a little boys nursery at all!! Maybe I just need to pick one and hope that when the accessories are all in place it will come together....Thoughts? Advice?

I think when you have white furniture, blues work better. That bathroom you posted is so clean and fresh looking because of the white. With your dark countertops it is hard to compare. Try to find a dark countertopped bathroom with blue walls to get some perspective.
ReplyDelete