This weekend flew by....
And I had good intentions for today.
I was gonna run errands and work on
crafts, maybe start painting the bathroom...
but so far I've only managed to drag myself
from my bed to the couch.
It's just one of those days!!
Friday I met some work friends at Brio on the
Plaza for Stacy's belated birthday happy hour.
Visiting the plaza = opportunity to eat fried pickles at Tomfooleries...
so Alicia and I took advantage of this and
pre-ate before happy hour...
guilty as charged....fried pickles in hand...
I didn't take any pictures at happy hour,
but it was a good time with yummy food and
delicious white peach sangria!! Yes, please!!
After happy hour we did some window shopping
and I know you'll all be relived to know where
you can find you're next blue suede
vintage inspired hat...
And now you know what I'd look like
with a blue condom on my head...
Saturday I slept in until 11 and then
met up with Kelly and her friend Jackson
to head down to my parents house.
We have cousins in town from Colorado and my
parents are holding them hostage in Mound City,
so we were gonna have to make the drive if we
wanted to see them!
We started out with some fishing off the dock
(I'm saying 'we' loosely as I
did little more than stand and soak-up some sun)
Kelly's friend is some sort of a
crocodile-dundee wannabe and promptly caught
a freakin' ginormous fish...
Howdoya like those action shots?!
(National Geographic: call me....)
Then we hopped on my Uncle's new boat and
took a slow jaunt speed-of-light tour
around the lake....
Ha! This is priceless
Hold on!!!
Whew!! I risked life and limb and
most definitely my camera to capture these moments....
And then the fish slayers wanted to hunt some
more, so I worked on my tan and took a few pictures
in the meantime...
Uncle Jeff
Cousins Jane and Bill
yours truly
The only damper on the day was that I
had to head back to KC early for work...blah.
But seeing out of town family was definitely
worth the long drive!
I have a pretty full work-week and
then Rachael's baby shower with family
and friends is next Saturday!
I'm so excited!!








Now that i see it again, i am convinced... Not buying that hat was a big mistake!!
ReplyDeletealicia