Blah.
I'm having such a lazy Saturday.
Which sounds like a nice thing right? Wrong.
Lazy Saturdays are only great when you dont have a huge list of 'to-do's'
hanging over your head!
I'm sitting here being a bump on a log while I know theres plenty
of things I could and should be doing.
Ugh.
Hey, why not get started on my trip posting!?
Colorado vacation Day 1:
Well Day 1 of the trip didn't account for much except driving through boring scenic kansas. I quickly deemed myself Master of the Map and all around travel goddess...
That, coupled with my tendency for motion sickness, guaranteed me a permanent shotgun position.
Plus Kelly and her beau Clay had plenty of canoodling to do in the backseat....gag.
Somewhere between Fort Riley and Hays we saw a sign for Rock City. My mom seemed to recall some amazing memories from Rock City as a child...so much so that she thought we should detour and check it out.
That, coupled with my tendency for motion sickness, guaranteed me a permanent shotgun position.
Plus Kelly and her beau Clay had plenty of canoodling to do in the backseat....gag.
Somewhere between Fort Riley and Hays we saw a sign for Rock City. My mom seemed to recall some amazing memories from Rock City as a child...so much so that she thought we should detour and check it out.
Eh, why not right? I mean let's be honest, I wasn't exactly in a hurry to get to Hays! So to Rock City wen went. Well folks, don't waste your time-even if you have time to waste...don't waste your gas! Rock city was nothing more than a grouping of petrified poo-piles!! I dont actually think it was poo, but I liked to call it poo nonetheless.... and then they had to nerve to have a little shack where someone was collecting $3.00 to view the petrified poo piles! False! We snapped some illegal pics and then burnt rubber...nice going Madre! Last time I hand over the travel-reigns to you!!
Onward to Hays! We got there around 6pm and were STARVED! So we had dinner at a nearby mexican restaraunt. It was blah....I mean, why did we really think a mexican joint in the middle of no-where Kansas would be good?? I only ate about half of an enchilada...and thats sayin' something for this human garbage disposal!


No comments:
Post a Comment