Friday, August 5, 2011

Daily happenings....

Soooo....not much new here....just getting ready for the trip Sunday!

Last Saturday my mom and I (as I mentioned in my last post) went to the city market and had a great time! It was only like 90 degrees that day-woohoo! Cold front! So we didn't sweat to death and I pretty much left with everything I had hoped to find....and let's be honest....a few extra things!!  We had lunch at one of my favorite places to eat at the city market, Habashi House. SUPER yummy middle eastern food...gyros, shwermas, falafel, delicious rice....ok, I need to stop cause I'm getting hungry thinking about it and I really dont feel like driving downtown again to satisfy a ridiculous craving brought on by blogging!!  After lunch we went and visited Grammy and then mom headed for the Oklahoma border (again...sarcasm and resentment...)  Here's a couple photos of lunch and my treasures from the city market....

I took these pictures to send to Roy so that he'd be insanely jealous...



Mom my and I each got one of these HUGE hanging flower baskets for $10!!
Hopefully the heat doesn't kill it!!


These 5 were only $2.00! Love that!
(not sure why I awkwardly decided to be holding one in this picture...)


I wasn't quite ready to call it a day, so I texted Kelly to see what she was doing (I've been trying to make an effort to hang out with her more). She said she had plans to go riding (SHOCKING!) so I asked her if I could join her!  I think she was pretty surprised that I had asked to join. She was more than happy to have me come along, even though it meant more work for her, having to get two horses ready. We had a really good ride. She keeps her horses at her boyfriends property. I rode one of his family's horses named Cooper. Kelly knew I'd want to ride what you'd call a 'dead broke' horse. Ol' Cooper was pretty good to me.  He definitely could tell that I'm far from an experienced rider, and he tried to be a little 'persuasive' and stubborn with me a few times...but overall it was great!
Kelly and I learned to ride at the same time when we were just little kids. I enjoyed it initially, but never really fell in love with the whole 'horse thing', she was head over heels for horses from day one and has never looked back. It's definitely her passion, which I think is really cool.


Me & Cooper
I'm sure Cooper had realized by now that I was an idiot
and he could easily throw me off and go eat hay.
Thanks Coops, for not following through with that plan...


This ones kinda dark, but Kelly was puttin' the smack-down on 
her horse and making him do some crazy barrel runs...
Me and Cooper just stood and watched.
I think Cooper started liking me more at this point...


He's actually smiling here...you just can't tell....


Anyways...so I'm off today and I have a bunch of packing I need to do. I work tomorrow night and then the plan is to leave on Sunday afternoon around 1:00! I'm super excited, but Roy has decided that he's definitely not gonna be making the trip. I'll miss him, but I'm not really surprised that he's not coming. I knew it was going to be hard for him to leave when we first started planning this trip last fall.  I'll just have to have enough fun for the both of us!

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean by cold front bringing the temps down to 90!! I live in San Antonio and these past few weeks have been torture here! It's terrible...I am so tired of everyday being over 100 that I would welcome 90 degrees!!
    Love your blog! Have a great weekend!
    -april

    ReplyDelete