(How long will using the word 'style' continue to make me want
to dance like a chubby Korean pop star??)...I hope for a long time....
So...
As expected, I re-read over my 'resolutions' from
last year and I can only honestly say that I accomplished
one of them. One. Of Five. Sheesh.
Are new years resolutions genuinely designed to
help motivate or you just humiliate you??
Short term motivation, long term humiliation.
Here's a link to the aforementioned post:
So I'll try to pretend those other resolutions didn't happen
and just focus on the one that I succeeded on...
Learning to sew!
Now, I'm by no means making my own clothes,
but I accomplished the basics of working & troubleshooting
my sewing machine and I can make simple things like bibs and
burp cloths. I can also use my machine to make fun crafts.
That's all I was hoping to be able to do at this point, so I'm pleased.
A few pictures of my sewing endeavors:
How convenient that I snapped a picture of the one time
I laid hands on this book....not so much a 'self-help' book reader.
My first diaper cloth made at my sewing
'lesson' with Rachael!!
My first solo sewing project....bibs!
Success!
Made with love for baby Rowan
Paper streamers! Another fun and easy sewing
craft that Rachael showed me
So fun! And re-usable!
Part of the reason I wanted to have a blog was to be able to look
back and see what I've accomplshed...errr...or not yet accomplished.
And even with my irregular posting schedule I suppose it's
serving it's purpose.
I've always loved going back and reading diaries and journals
that I've written in over the years, but I'm also one of those
people who writes consistently in a diary for about a week before
falling off the bandwagon. So my diaries are like a yearly
peek into a week of my life. Still interesting to read, though.
So, since I'm glutton for punishment and a
sucker for traditions I'm going to make a few more resolutions
for this year...but only 3 that I can think of at this moment:
1) Get my passport...this WILL happen!!!
2) Exercise...haha, so cliche. But in my defense
I DID have my first Zumba class on Thursday!!
...don't laugh!!!
Kelly and her friend Emi went with me, and I liked it!!
I'm going to try and make it a weekly thing...
...don't laugh!!!
Kelly and her friend Emi went with me, and I liked it!!
I'm going to try and make it a weekly thing...
3) Open a Roth IRA.
Another goal that I made (and accomlished thankyouverymuch)
in 2012 was to increase my contribution
to my retirement plan through work. It's been satisfying to see that
account grow and I know I'll feel better if I can also get a Roth started.
I mean, I've only got like another
30+ years of working left....meh :(
So that's my short list for now, if I can think of more
I'll try to come back and add them!
Wish me luck!
Another goal that I made (and accomlished thankyouverymuch)
in 2012 was to increase my contribution
to my retirement plan through work. It's been satisfying to see that
account grow and I know I'll feel better if I can also get a Roth started.
I mean, I've only got like another
30+ years of working left....meh :(
So that's my short list for now, if I can think of more
I'll try to come back and add them!
Wish me luck!





No comments:
Post a Comment