Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bathroom reno....SUYL

I've been following along with Kelly's Korner
and her SUYL 'Homes' edition...
but I've yet to be motivated to participate until 
this weeks link-up that included master baths.

Our master bath was one of the largest projects we
tackled since moving in. We finished it in February of 2011
just short of a nervous breakdown and with several
anxiety attacks under out belts...
Bathroom reno's are not for wussys, people.

In fact I think I'm single handedly blaming our bathroom for
 about half of the grey hairs on my head!!

Part of what made the whole thing stressful was that we 
never used a general contractor for any of our renovations,
which saved us a TON of dough, but left me to be the
organizer and designer of all demo, carpentry and tile work.

Fortunately, it all turned out just the way we'd hoped,
and I wouldn't change a single thing.  There is still some
accessorizing that needs to be done, and I'd like to frame
the big mirror that overlooks our sinks....
In due time I suppose....It will all get done eventually!!
Here are some before and after pictures!!

Before.
Please tell me who thought it was a good idea
to put carpeting in a bathroom??
Stupid.

Not much had been done to update this bathroom
since it was built in 1989.
Obviously.
See the giant space in the corner under the windows??
It was just screaming 'PUT A BIG TUB HERE!'
But no, they dropped a tiny little tub in the floor and then
built a bunch of big tile walls around it.
Again....Stupid.

Demo time.
Such a freaking mess.
Kind of makes me want to rock bath and forth 
in a fetal position just remembering it!

Framing.

Yes, that a toilet in my master bedroom.
Just chillin' in the corner.
And that cast iron tub??  Sat there for about 2 months
cause it weighed a BAJILLION pounds and no one
wanted to help us move it :(



Ta-Daaa!!
This is pretty much how it looks now, minus
some hand towel racks we installed 
and some art that I've added to the bare wall space.


This is the most recent addition to our bathroom. 
Attempting to accessorize and increase storage space.
 I got this little cabinet on sale at target 
and shopped at TJ Maxx,
Pier 1 and Hobby Lobby for the other items.











3 comments:

  1. Found you from Kelly's Korner. This is beautiful! We are going to be moving soon and I keep shying away from homes that look like too much "work"...this is a great picture of what some of the places COULD be if we could get past the 80's/90's that remains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW its gorgeous! Love all the tile! Very nice job :) (Over from Kellys Korner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing reno. Good job.

    Can you tell I'm behind on reading the SUYL posts? And I'm nosy enough to want to read every single one?!?!

    ReplyDelete