Day two we woke up and headed for the zoo!
Doors opened at 9am and we were there by 9:30.
The zoo was awesome. Totally met all of
my expectations and then some.
The animals had ah-mazing exhibits that still
managed to allow easy visibility.
And on a 95 degree day I appreciated all the huge indoor
exhibits.
I really don't even feel like
we spent that much time outside!!
Rainforest Exhibit
Butterfly Pavillion:
This exhibit wasn't the biggest, but you instantly
felt like you had walked into some ethereal forest...
it was quite the Zelda moment...
On top of the awesome zoo, they recently opened
an aquarium...inside the zoo....
included in the cost of admission...say what!?!?
I liked this guy...he looked like he was
smiling at me
Monkey Lake
I always love watching the apes...
they always amaze me in how human they act.
This one female gorilla was just sitting on a bucket
biting her nails while the big male gorilla picked his nose
and ate his boogers....lovely.
You can see the female gorilla in the background
on her bucket and the male gorilla chillaxin' with
his feet up..typical ;)
Desert Dome
we made another friend
Underneath the desert dome was another huge
exhibit called Creatures of the Night. It was
a really cool exhibit, but you weren't supposed to
use flash photography, so alas, no photos :(
Skyfari ride across the zoo:
This rhino was like 6 feet beneath us!
It was so cool!
The only exhibit that I wasn't super impressed by
was the big cat exhibit...
It was your typical cement block room circa 1977
There were some cheetahs we saw that were outside
in an open exhibit, but honestly, they looked hot
as hell, so maybe the cement block room wasn't so bad
after all..
Omaha as a city: pretty boring.
Omaha zoo: awesome. worth the drive. you should go.
I can't wait to go back and take the Royster!!
We stayed until the zoo closed around 5pm and then
went back to the hotel to shower and get cleaned up.
Dinner was at Rockbottom Brewery, which was just 'so-so'.
The next morning we checked out of our hotel, got some
Starbucks and bagels at Brueggers Bagels and then
hit the road...destination: HOME!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment