and I'm pretty freakin' excited about it.
Score one more point for actually tackling
my new years resolution list!!
My motivation is solely being driven by my
excitement over Rachael's baby coming in June...
I keep finding fun projects that I want to make
for little Baby Clark
(formerly known as 'Keeks'...but we can't
call her that anymore :)
I'm sure once the baby comes I'll be able to find
tons of projects for our own home...
but baby things just seem so much more fun right now.
Oddly enough, Rachael is also the poor soul who's
having to teach this schmuck how to sew,
Atleast she will hopefully be reaping the benefits from
teaching me...
(assuming any of my projects actually turn out!)
Anyways...my mom got me this new sewing
machine for Christmas, but it's been sitting upstairs
in the guestroom for 3 months just calling out to me-
I was too intimidated to sit down and attempt to
re-teach myself how to work the machine...
Enter: Rachael the sewing queen.
I lugged my machine over to her house Friday and we
had a little watch and learn lesson...
This was awesome-but unfortunately we didn't get too
far into my lesson before we realized that my sewing
machine was lacking some essential pieces...
say like..... half of it's parts
(Where did you say you got this machine again, Mom??
Sears?? Ummm no....I'm thinking more like a flea market.)
It was okay though, Rachael let me use her machine to
make my first project since 7th grade home-ec...
modeling my diaper cloth
Yay!
I feel all kinds-a domestic!
I just ordered all the missing parts for my machine,
so hopefully I will be up and sewing in
no time!!
Keep your eye peeled for future
projects!




YAY and you did such a good job! I can't wait for our next sewing date!
ReplyDelete