Heylo There!!
I've been a bit of an absentee blogger haven't I??
Well, I'd love to say that my lack of blogging is due to single-handedly
ending world hunger or something,
but the truth is that I just haven't had much to say...
or atleast not much I wanted to say outloud.
Silly, huh...even on my dumb little blog read by approximately 1 person
who already knows all my garbage ;)
I still feel the need to sensor the negative feelings and stick to
ending world hunger or something,
but the truth is that I just haven't had much to say...
or atleast not much I wanted to say outloud.
Silly, huh...even on my dumb little blog read by approximately 1 person
who already knows all my garbage ;)
I still feel the need to sensor the negative feelings and stick to
the light and fluffy things of daily occurence.
The things on my heart as of late have felt a bit heavy
and let's be honest, light and fluffy blogging is a lot easier
(although maybe not as interesting)
The things on my heart as of late have felt a bit heavy
and let's be honest, light and fluffy blogging is a lot easier
(although maybe not as interesting)
as the heavy-hitting stuff....
That being said...
Here's some light and fluffy...
I caved to the hype.
I'll now be rocking what I was previously mocking.
I'll now be rocking what I was previously mocking.
Karate shoes.
I own some.
Hi-Ya!!
Hi-Ya!!
Still not the cutest things in the world, but they grew on me...
like so many styles that you initially scoff at
(pointy toed shoes...skinny jeans..to name a few)
and then find yourself slinking off to the store to buy.
Well, I slinked...and I bought.
But dangit they're comfy and I'm excited.
My motivating factor was the upcoming San Diego trip in
10 days.... (happy dance!)
I'm setting a goal this trip to tone down the overpacking and I
felt I really need just a single pair of shoes that I could wear
casually to dinner, but were comfy enough to walk or to go bike riding in.
And these TOMS fit the bill...
This by no means implies that I will be packing only a single pair of shoes...
(this is me we're talking about after all!!)
But I am hoping that they will take the place of needing tennis shoes and
several pairs of not-as-comfy ballet flats.
oh!...before I caved for the TOMS I thought I'd run by
DSW to see if I could find any alternatives...
and some dummy at Sketchers actually went and
made a wanna-be TOMS and named it a "BOBS".
How lame is that?
and yeah...I tried them on, cause they were cheaper...
but even I'm cooler than that!


No comments:
Post a Comment