We havn't left town to go anyplace but Branson (does Branson even really count?? I don't think so..) since FEBRUARY OF 2010!!! Call me a brat but, HOW AM I EVEN ALIVE RIGHT NOW??!!
Ok, Ok....
I just feel like everyone I know has amazing trips planned or has recently gotten back from great vacations...I look at their awesome pictures with a smile on my face but with daggers in my eyes!! LOL..that might be a bit of an over-exaggeration....
but have no fear!!!.... although I don't have any uber luxurious vacations planned anytime soon.... we do have a family reunion coming up in Steamboat Springs Colorado!!
It's no Turks & Caicos...but I'll take it!!
(FYI.... Everyone who knows me knows that I DO have an entire trip to Turks & Caicos planned out, just waiting to be booked someday!)
Ahhhhh....Turks & Caicos I dont even know you yet but I love you......
Anyhoo...back to reality....
We're leaving on the 7th or 8th of August and we'll be gone until the 15th! I'm so ready for the cooler temps!! We've never been to Steamboat, but I've done my research (like any good trip-planner should...I love you tripadvisor!!!) and we have a lot of fun activities planned! I think all-in-all there will be about 15-20 of us combined from Kansas, Colorado and California. I obviously have a really small family :( sad face... but none-the-less it should be great time.To sweeten the deal even more-some of our family from CA have a time share, and we're staying in a 3 bedroom condo for a whoping $85 for the week!! Cheap people of the world rejoice!!! Thats like $15 bucks a person...NiCe!!
Here's some of the fun activies we have planned...cause I know you care so much...
- Howler Alpine Slides
- Silver Bullet Gondola-takes you to the tops of Mt. Werner!
- ATV tours near Hahn's Peak
- Whitewater rafting- SUPER excited for this!! I need water shoes though!!!
- Mountain Biking the Yampa River Trail...there are other trails but they sound a little hard core for these thighs....I'll stick to paved paths thank you very much...
- Strawberry Hot Springs...beware the nude-ys!!
- Tubing the Yampa River-hopefully no trout try to bite my arse...
- Fish Creek Falls-a set of trails of waterfalls you can hike
.......... and eating and eating and more eating!!!!
My diet is officially being paused for this vacation.....
So thats whats goin' on in our house!!! Get excited!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment