Last Saturday we attended the wedding of my friend from
work, Stacey. After an 18 month engagement,
her and her longtime boyfriend, Chase, finally tied the knot!!
( Sheesh! That seems like an eternity compared to our 4 month engagement!)
This was Roy's first wedding for a coworker
that we were going to attend together.
Which sounds strange since we've
A) been together for so long and
B) Because I have so many friends who have been married in the last few years.
The explanation is that several of my other friends have been married in
September when he's busy with fall/leaf clean-up AND
I'm not gonna lie...I've been guilty of letting him bow out of
joining me at work functions/weddings without much fuss.
The truth is, I worry about him feeling uncomfortable or bored
and I'm always afraid that it will manifest
in him being quiet, shy and miserable.
and I'm always afraid that it will manifest
in him being quiet, shy and miserable.
And sometimes, quite honestly, I just enjoy
an evening/night out with my friends!!
I've never been one who feels like my husband HAS
to accompany me to everything I do.
an evening/night out with my friends!!
I've never been one who feels like my husband HAS
to accompany me to everything I do.
But, seeing has how it's August
and we're in the middle of a freaking drought,
and we're in the middle of a freaking drought,
I thought it was high time that we bite the bullet
and act like normal social adults!
No more using work as an excuse!
and act like normal social adults!
No more using work as an excuse!
And in the end...it was just fine.
Phew.
I wish Saturday August 18th Beth could tell August 11th Beth
that everything is going to be okay! Relax!
Of course we were running late...
(I mean, this is US we're talking about afterall..)
which was culminated in a last minute run to Kohls to get Roy
a different sized dress shirt. Ugh..my fault I guess....
Apparently, (unbenownst to me when I bought the shirt)
Roy has a fat neck and short arms... hmph, who knew?!
I guess I should just be happy that we were only 10 minutes late!
I'm sure we looked like quite the site running through Kohls, me
in my high heels and fancy dress and Roy in dress pants,an undershirt
and a tie slung around his neck...ha!
But all in all, we had a good time....we even tore up the dance floor a lil bit!!
Roy mentioned several times
Roy mentioned several times
later that night and the next day that he had fun and that he
really like the guys that we were seated with...
well DUH, my friends husbands are of course awesome!!
And now for the pictures...
And now for the pictures...
The lovely Clarks
and The Copes
and us of course..
best friends
and then there was dancing....
Congratulations Stacey & Chase!!





No comments:
Post a Comment