Bah! I'm getting behind on my updates....
and I hate feeling like I have things like a dumb blog post
hanging over my head!
I never even posted about my mom's 60th birthday party...
Which was great, btw, and I think she had a great time.
Shame on me, for not grabbing the horns on planning
her big party....
but I guess there's always her 75th to look forward to!
Currently though,
I am completely consumed with getting everything
together for Rachael's baby shower tomorrow.
I can't believe it's finally here!!
I've known I would throw her work shower from the day
she told me she was pregnant, so I've had way too much
time to plan and scheme....oh and maybe stress a lil' bit ;)
But at this point I'm feeling much less stressed and a lot
more giddy/excited/anxious for her to see
all of our hard work and preparation!
It's been really fun and rewarding to see my ideas
and plans come to fruition....
(I may or may not have cackled like a
crazy mad scientist on several occasions)
My sweet mom came over on Thursday and helped
me clean and get things ready.
She has hosted many a party at her house and
is very familiar with the stress that can come
along with trying to have your house looking perfect.
I can totally remember as a kid, seeing her completely freak out
the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas and I never got it..
.....well mom, I get it now.
Anyways,
I've got about 10 balls in the air right now,
and much more running around like a headless
chicken to do, so I'll just hurry and finish up this
post with a few pictures from my moms party!!
Kelly and I on the ride down to Mound City
Thank goodness the weather cooperated with
the plans to have everything outside!
My mom's oldest friend gave her
a pair of Depends...
now thats just mean I tell ya!
Yummy Costco cake
Sibling love
This was towards the end of the party
when my mom had had a few glasses
of some beverage that was being called
'Jungle Juice'.....
This other lady was also
quite fond of said 'juice' and shortly
after this picture went running off towards
the pasture with plans of jumping
on a horse....yikes....
My next post will be filled with
pictures from Rachael's shower!!
....and then it's nothing but
waiting for baby to come!!
I can't wait!!



No comments:
Post a Comment