Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Very Maney Christmas 2011

Ahhh....
Christmas has come and gone once again.
Usually I feel a sense of post-Christmas let down...
can't really say that I'm minding this year.
This was the first (and maybe last) annual Christmas at the Maneys.
Ok, Ok that may be a little dramatic..
Overall, things went well...
Of course we had our fair share of family drama...
but I suppose that's sometimes just unavoidable.
Hopefully the next 363 days will be long enough for me to 
forget about it...kind of like forgetting about the
pains of childbirth!!

Anyhoo..I'll go ahead give myself props for pulling it off.
The menu turned out great...there was more than
enough food and drinks to go around.
Everyone said the house looked pretty,
(not that they would tell me if it didn't...) and we 
got to have several family members over that hadn't been
to our house since we'd moved in.

Christmas Eve we stuck to our annual
tradition of heading over to my Aunt and Uncles house
to have Christmas with them..
I was really excited that we got to spend some
time with both of my cousins. There's only 
4 of us girls that are first cousins, and it's really
a shame that we don't see each other more often..
Kelly and I have made a pact to try and 
be better about staying in touch and reaching out..
Someday we'll be the ones organizing these
things-so we need to stick together!!
Here's a few pictures from Christmas Eve..


Kelly, mom, Ladonna, Uncle Steve and Sarah


pullin' out the old family photos...


Kel


My nuclear family


Undersheriff Jackson


Cousin Brianna...
15 years old and standing 5'10"!!


Uncle Steve and Aunt Barbara


Sisters....
I think we can finally settle the debate on who's
head is bigger....



Christmas Eve night
Mom, Dad and my Uncle Jeff all decided
to stay the night at our house instead of
driving back to Mound City.
Who wants to drive an hour only to turn
around and come back in the morning??
Better yet, who wants to live in
Mound City??
This remains a mystery....

Christmas morning we woke up and I
got busy working on breakfast.
Fortunately, I was able to prepare
most of my dishes in advance-so all I
really had to do was pop everything in the oven..
sometimes it really pays to be Type A..


The Christmas breakfast table!
You never think when you're buying your 
first dining table that you will ever need
anything that seats more than six people...
and then you host Christmas...

After breakfast we opened presents and then
spent the afternoon snacking, visiting and
watching movies while waiting until
it was time to eat again!



Passing out gifts


Clark Griswold in the flesh..


I do believe someone was about to be assaulted
with a shovel...



Dinner is served!!


And now, because I can...
some self indulgent pictures of my
favorite Christmas decorations and 
the tree I worked so hard on...



My little tree with nursing ornaments
...cheesy, right? I just can't help myself..



Our tree!
Definitely the most 'grown up' tree we've
ever had and quite the labor of love...




One of my new favorite ornaments...
my best friend made me this sweet 
ornament with a little gold "R" 
on it for my Grammy.
I will treasure this forever!

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas
with your families and friends!!





No comments:

Post a Comment